Title: Family Nightmares 4/11
Author: Court
Pairing: Bobby/Remy, Logan/Remy later
Rating: R
Summary: Remy's repressed memories of his childhood are triggered, flooding into his mind. Coming to terms with the memories brings him a family he has always wanted and nightmares he would rather forget. Everyone has to have the third Summers brother story, here is mine, with a twist.
Archive: Sure, just email a link to where
Email: remylebeau@yahoo.com
Web Page: http://www.lediableblanc.com/personal/fanfic
Disclaimer: The characters in this fanfiction are copyrights of Marvel Comics. I make no profit from these writings.
Warnings: This story is AU, based on Comicverse. Slash, nothing graphic. Talk of Non-con sex (rape) and abuse to a minor.
Author's Note: If the Letters Look Like This that means the characters are thinking it....not telepathy, just to themselves.
If the ~Letters are in Squiggles~ it is Telepathy. As usual, I went easy on the accents. And I am not a professional writer and my english grammar sucks, so bare with me. Enjoy the story, not the grammar. ^_^
------------------

Scott leaned against the headboard as he absentmindedly rubbed the pillow next to him on the empty bed. He hoped to find his wife next to him that morning so he could thank her for putting up with his nightmares the night before. He hadn't had a nightmare in months, at least not one from his days in foster care. He had learned that talking about the nightmares and horrors of his life helped it heal. He was hoping Jean would be there this morning for that reason, she was the only one he could talk to. Instead he finds out she's in Remy's room helping him instead. He was angry, he would even admit to being a little jealous. He didn't like her in his room, didn't trust him with her.

After hearing she was in his room he had the urge to run into his bedroom and drag her out. Remy has never asked for help before, why is he now? He almost acted on that urge until Jean was shutting down the link. He received memories and feelings that he didn't recognize. The places were foreign to him, but the feelings were not. He cringed as the face of the bastard that haunted him for several years of his life invaded his thoughts. What was going on?

All he could think is he wanted his wife. He needed her support right now. For some reason his nightmares were coming back to haunt him and he didn't want to be alone.

---------------

"Alright Remy, you are doing great. Let's go over what we know." Jean could not believe Remy was doing so well, so far he had managed to describe the small trailer they had placed as his home, and he remembered two names. This gave her a lot to work with. They had been at this for a few hours now and she had not even had to attempt triggering, the memories just came to him as he talked. This may be easier then she thought. "I am going to ask you some questions about what we know so far, just try to answer them the best you can."

Remy nodded weakly. He had a pounding headache and he was already tired. He could also feel a growing feeling of dread. When he remembered the names his stomach turned. He knew that was a bad sign of things to come and he wasn't sure he was up to this, but he had to try. Jean was putting so much into this, he didn't want to disappoint her.

"You remembered that you lived in a trailer, do you remember where?"

Remy closed his eyes to concentrate. He turned the question over again and again in his head, trying to come up with an answer. Every time he tried to remember it was as if the memory was just barely out of his reach, it was frustrating. Finally something came to him. He began to see the trailer, the inside and out.

Jean saw the sudden change of expression on Remy's face. "Tell me what you see Remy. Thinking aloud will help it come to you."

Remy licked his lips. "I see outside the trailer. There is nothing but a huge field all around it. I don't see any houses or anything. Just grass and trees."

"Is it New Orleans Remy?"

Remy shook his head. "Non, I've never seen anything like this in New Orleans. It's just open land for miles. I see mountains in the distance, covered in snow. There are no mountains like that in New Orleans." Remy opened his eyes suddenly, cutting off the memory. He looked at Jean stunned. "I'm not from New Orleans?"

"That might be possible Remy. You do not remember how you got there, so it is possible you arrived there from somewhere else." Jean brushed back Remy's hair from his face. She found that touch soothed him, and that is what he needed. The memories would come easier if he were relaxed. "Let's work on the people you mentioned earlier." She noticed the slight flinch. "Do you not like talking about them?" Jean didn't get an answer, so she pressed on. "Can you describe Anna to me?"

Remy searched his memory until he found the woman known only to him as Anna. "She's tall, really small though. Brown hair. Her eyes look sad. She wasn't always like that though. She wasn't always sad."

"How does she feel to you?" She saw a confused look on Remy's face. "Does she feel like your mother?"

"Not sure Jeannie. It doesn't feel right to call her that, but I have a feeling she was suppose to be. I don't know." Remy opened his eyes in defeat. "This isn't working Jeannie."

Jean quickly reassured Remy, he was really doing well. She knew this would be confusing at first. The piece just don't fit together quickly in the beginning. "Remy, I know it seems like we are getting no where but really we are. You see Anna as your protector, but not a mother figure. She may have been a foster mother, or another family member. You obviously don't have that mother/son connection with her, or you would feel it."

"Maybe she was just a rotten momma." Remy whispered.

Jean pulled Remy's head into her lap. "That is possible Remy, but even if a person's mother is rotten there is still a connection. Let's move on, ok? Tell me about Jack." She took Remy's hand in hers when a violent tremor ran through his body. She was pretty sure this man was the cause of most of the damage. "Describe him to me."

Remy's headache quickly changed into a migraine as he tried to remember Jack. So many things in his mind wanted his attention when he thought of the name. He finally got a clear picture of the man and felt like cringing away from it. "He's tall, big, dark hair, dark eyes. He scares me. I don't like him."

"Does he feel like your..." Jean's question was abruptly interrupted by Remy.

"Non! He's not my father! I hate him!" Remy bit his lip as the pain hit him hard. "I'm sorry Jeannie, I didn't mean to yell at y'. I don't know where that came from."

"It's alright Remy, it will happen. Your feelings are strong for Jack." Jean gave Remy a moment to calm down after the outburst, then continued. "Has he always been in your home with you and Anna?" Jean saw Remy's eyes close slowly, as if he had fallen asleep. She reached down to try and wake him but he began to speak.

"Non, he wasn't always there. We were happy once, just me and Anna, but then he came. He moved his things into the trailer. I had never met him, but Anna made me go outside so I wouldn't be in the way. When I came inside that night he was unpacking things from a box into the dresser. I wanted to help. I pulled out something from the box and he got mad and pulled it away from me. I told him I just wanted to help him unpack. He yelled at me, told me to stay away from him. Then he...he...hit me." Remy's eyes blinked as he came out of the trance like state. He sat up and touched his face, the sting was there, as if it just happened. He looked at Jean and shook his head. "I don't want to do this anymore."

Jean pulled Remy to her, cradling his head on her chest. "I'm sorry Remy. I wish I could stop it, but this has to happen. I promise it will be over soon. Once the memories surface they will take there place. They just hurt now because they are on the fore front of your mind." Jean began rocking slowly while rubbing Remy's back until his limbs slowly went limp as he fell asleep in her arms.

She continued to hold him as he slept. She knew from experience that the dreams would be the worse. She had gone through this whole process with Scott once before. His memories were not repressed as Remy's were, but they might as well have been. Scott had wished the trauma away so much, pushed it into the back of his mind so hard, that he barely remembered the memories. Jean had helped him through it years ago. It was hard on both of them and their relationship. Now she was thanking her husband for the experience, it was helping her with Remy. She had more of an idea what to expect and how to handle it.

A soft knock came to the door. She scanned the person in that hall, full expecting Logan or maybe Bobby. She was surprised to feel Scott. She slowly moved Remy down to his pillow and covered him in thick blankets. She created a small link with him on the surface of his mind. Just enough to know when he woke.

She opened the door and quickly walked out to the hall, closing the door behind her. She didn't want Remy to wake with a man in the room right now. The presence would seem like a threat to him in his state. "What's wrong Scott?"

Scott was relieved to feel the familiar presence in his mind. He felt incomplete without that link to his wife. "I came to check on you. Is everything alright?" Scott leaned over and gave his wife a quick kiss. "I missed you."

Jean's smiled. "I miss you too honey. Everything is going alright, better then I hoped. He is sleeping right now. This is really hard for him and it tires him quickly."

Scott nodded understandingly. "Has he remembered anything yet?"

"Quite a lot actually, he has made great progress. He has remembered his home, and the names of the people that lived with him. I am worried that the nightmares will start soon. I think the man he lived with was abusive. Remy recalled him hitting him today."

Scott cringed. "That bad? Were these people his parents? Maybe we can track them down since he remembered their names."

"I think maybe these were foster parents, or maybe someone he was staying with. He only remembers their first names, Anna and Jack. He tried to remember their last names, but he can only recall something a visitor had said. Something like, Jack should have known they wouldn't work out, even their names were complete opposites."

Scott raised his eyebrow. "That's an odd thing to remember."

"Everyone's mind is different. I think his mind is still trying to repress the more traumatic things. This may take some time."

Scott sighed. "Jean, you do remember that my father is coming in tomorrow night. I am sure he would really like to see you. If you are holed up in here with him you are going to miss his visit. He can only be here for a few days."

Jean could not believe how cold Scott was being. She was about to argue, but her link with Remy alerted her of his mind waking. She could feel the hurt and pain before the screams began. She rushed back into the room to Remy's side. She was not sure what to do, he was yelling and thrashing madly.

Remy wanted to wake up, but something stopped him from opening his eyes. This was unlike any dream or nightmare he had ever experienced. It was almost like being in a theater watching his own life before him. He wanted to wake up, leave the twisted play, but he couldn't move. He was forced to watch himself running in terror, his face and back bleeding from the apparent beating he just received. He could hear the deep, rough, voice screaming behind him. He ran to a woman, the person he had just recently remembered as Anna. He begged her to stop the man behind him, to save him, make him stop. She did nothing, she stood there staring at him blankly. Her eyes heavily glazed in drugged euphoria. He backed away from her, now realizing he had no one to help him. He was suddenly grabbed by the man behind him and thrown violently into the wall of his room.

Remy closed his eyes, he didn't want to see anymore. He tried to wake himself, stop the memories. Push them away. When he opened his eyes he wasn't watching his life before him anymore, he was reliving it. The man known as Jack was ripping off his clothes, shoving him hard into the mattress. He kicked and screamed. Asking Anna, why she didn't stop him? What he did wrong? Why was he being punished? All questioning stopped as a wail escaped his lips. A scream caused by pain ripping through his small body. A pain, that even through all the beatings, he had never experienced. Suddenly there was black.

Jean jumped back as Remy let out a last strangled cry and flew upright in the bed. He was violently shaking, eyes wide in fear. She quickly returned to his side and reached out a shaky hand to his shoulder, not sure he would allow the touch now. He had broadcast most of the nightmare. The images may have been blurry and incomplete to her, but the fear and pain came through strong and clear.

Remy was brought to reality by her touch. Realizing it was Jean and not his tormentors he quickly fell into her arms sobbing. "She didn't even stop him Jean! Why? She's suppose to protect me. She let him hurt me! Why did he do that? Why?"

Jean's eyes filled with tears. She wish she had answers for him, but she didn't. She could not imagine anyone hurting someone so young like that. Standing there and witnessing it, doing nothing, was just as bad in her eyes. Whoever these people were, she hoped they would rot in hell for this. She continued rocking Remy, coaxing him back to sleep, hoping it would be more peaceful. She looked up at her husband who had entered the room behind her. She saw the understanding on his face and she was thankful for that.

Scott stood there frozen in place. The link that was opened between Jean and himself allowed the pain and terror to flow into his mind. He had never seen Remy so terrified before. The Cajun always seemed to have a carefree life, like nothing scared him. This changed his impression of the young man completely. It made him wonder what else he had been missing all these years. Was Remy's nonchalant attitude all just a show for them?

Now he couldn't get the courage to be angry with Remy. He was coming here to ask Jean to let the Professor handle this, but now he seemed to forget that idea. He had been in that situation more then a few times in foster care, Jean helped him through it. Hopefully she could do the same for Remy.

TBC