Title: Family Nightmares 5/11
Author: Court
Pairing: Bobby/Remy, Logan/Remy later
Rating: R
Summary: Remy's repressed memories of his childhood are triggered, flooding into his mind. Coming to terms with the memories brings him a family he has always wanted and nightmares he would rather forget. Everyone has to have the third Summers brother story, here is mine, with a twist.
Archive: Sure, just email a link to where
Email: remylebeau@yahoo.com
Web Page: http://www.lediableblanc.com/personal/fanfic
Disclaimer: The characters in this fanfiction are copyrights of Marvel Comics. I make no profit from these writings.
Warnings: This story is AU, based on Comicverse. Slash, nothing graphic. Talk of Non-con sex (rape) and abuse to a minor.
Author's Note: If the Letters Look Like This that means the characters are thinking it....not telepathy, just to themselves.
If the ~Letters are in Squiggles~ it is Telepathy. As usual, I went easy on the accents. And I am not a professional writer and my english grammar sucks, so bare with me. Enjoy the story, not the grammar. ^_^
------------------

The peaceful sleep that Jean hoped Remy would fall into was short lived. He had woke up almost every hour screaming or crying. The memories were hitting him hard and fast, maybe too fast. She worried for both their sanity. Every time Remy would wake her hatred for his caretakers was fuelled. The monster's abuse had only gotten worse over time. The woman known as Anna began disappearing for days or even weeks at a time, leaving Remy. Jack in turn would take out his anger and frustrations out on the young Remy. She was beginning to have the same thoughts as her husband, track down the two people. Jean didn't want to reunite them, she wanted to kill them. A part of her hoped they would never find them for that reason. If she didn't hurt them, she knew Logan would.

Logan had taken to pacing the hallway outside the door. On occasion she would smell his cigars drift through the door as his footfalls would sound back and forth down the short hallway. She had stepped out the door and asked him to stop several times. He would always make an excuse to why he was there and leave, only to come back. She knew he was worried, but he was trying the little patience she had left. It was partly her fault, she had promised to keep the team up to date, but the last few days had been so stressful she had not managed the time. She also knew it did not help matters that Remy's room was across from Logan's. With the Canadian strength in hearing she knew he heard every scream and cry, and there had been many. Especially over the past night and morning.

She knew she needed a break, and Remy certainly did. He was becoming too stressed and tired, she feared he would go into shock or attempt to push the memories back into repression if he was pushed much harder. She also had a tinge of guilt that she could not see Christopher on his visit. He seldom made it to Earth for visits, it may be months, or even years, before they saw him again. She stopped her brooding, she could not be selfish now. Remy could not be left alone.

She felt Remy tremble next to her, and knew he was dreaming again. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, waiting for the inevitable. She was surprised when Remy didn't thrash and fight as he normally did, he just lay there and mumbled as tears rolled down his pale face. She reach over and wiped the tears away, knowing more would come. Suddenly she was grabbed tightly by the arms. Before she could react Remy had sat up and grabbed her, shaking her lightly as he yelled.

"You can't leave me! He'll hurt me! Please take me with you, don't leave me with him, please!" He pulled himself to her and begged with all his being, repeating his pleas over and over. She couldn't do this to him.

Jean was first too shocked to react. Remy had never attacked her. She immediately noticed that his voice sounded smaller and different, no accent. She finally realized he was acting out his nightmares. Jean wrapped her arms around Remy and began the familiar rocking that seemed to sooth him before, waiting until the pleas stopped and the crying lessened before speaking. She knew Remy was awake when he started to apologize. It had become a ritual for him to have a nightmare and apologize for his actions, even though she told him it wasn't necessary. "What happened Remy? You asked me not to leave you."

"She left me Jean. She told me she had enough of living with Jack and she had to leave. Told me she couldn't take me with her, I would get in the way. She couldn't start a new life with me in the way. I begged her to stay or take me with her. She never protected me, never stopped him, but it got so bad when she left. I knew he'd kill me, I just knew it." Remy began to cry again, his head on her shoulder. Remy jumped when the bed began to shake lightly. He pulled away from Jean and looked around in surprise, then back to Jean. "What's that?"

Jean had to think for a minute, she did not understand the vibration either. Then it came to her, the Starjammer ship had arrived. She was used to sleeping on the first floor, this was the third, of course the vibration would be worse here. She smiled. "It's alright Remy, it's just Cosair. He is coming to visit. He must be landing the ship in the courtyard." She chuckled. "He better not land it on the roses this time. Ororo will kill him."

Remy couldn't help but laugh. "Stormy does seemed to be a little overprotective about her plants. If he's lucky she won't return until after he's gone." He began thinking about the last time he had come to visit, it had been a year at least. He was sure Jean wanted to see her father-in-law. He couldn't be the one to prevent that. It might be awhile before he returns."Jeannie, you're going to go see him, aren't y'?"

Jean shook her head. "No Remy, I am not going to leave you alone here. The memories are getting bad, and you are stressed. I was thinking of asking Hank for some sleeping pills for you. You need a good nights rest without these dreams. I don't want you to become overwhelmed."

Remy began to argue, he didn't want to be alone, but he was not Jean's responsibility. "If y' are going to knock me out there is no reason for y' to be here. What are y' going to do, watch me sleep? That's silly Jeannie, go see your family. Scott is probably on the verge of killing me for keeping y' here this long as it is. I'll be alright for the night."

Jean wanted to take him up on his offer, but she was not sure it was safe to do so. Remy reacted strangely to the sedatives before, she did not want him waking up alone. After hearing that Anna left Remy alone with Jack she could only imagine the nightmares getting worse.

She did admit that just because she didn't want him alone, it did not have to be her. She came up with a compromise, hopefully it would be the right thing to do. "How about this Remy? If you can think of someone to watch over you for a few hours, I will go visit with Cosair and then return. I don't want you to choose anyone you will be uncomfortable with. Don't do this unless you know you will be alright with another person in here with you."

Remy looked at Jean and smiled weakly. He was happy that he would not be the cause of Jean's absent at the reunion. She may not be upset with him, but he knew Scott would be, and the leader didn't need anymore reasons to be mad at him. He sat and thought for a moment. The first person that came to mind was his Stormy, but she was absent from the mansion. The next on his list was Logan, but he wasn't sure that the Canadian would want to spend his time watching a nutcase. "The only person I can think of is Logan, but I don't think he'll want to."

Jean was surprised, she didn't expect Logan to be his top choice. Bobby was her first thought, but she wasn't going to fight him. She trusted Logan with Remy's wellbeing more then Bobby. "Remy, believe me, Logan will be in here before I get done asking him. He has been pacing back and forth outside your door all night and day. He will be more then happy to actually get to see you." She smiled when she saw Remy try to hide a blush that fell onto his face. She knew there was something else between them, she hoped these old memories wouldn't get in their way.

"I will go ask him to come up. I am sure he will be up here before you know it. I will also send him up with something to help you sleep soundly, please take them. You need some sleep." Jean was ready to leave when she turned to give Remy one last glance. She noticed he was getting out of bed. "Where do you think you are going?"

"I'm just going to take a shower. I know I need one, I don't know how you put up with me." Remy stood and walked towards the bathroom, stumbling slightly as he raised from the bed.

"Are you going to be alright by yourself?" Jean began making her way over to him.

He gave her one of his trademark grins. "If y' want to join me in the shower, I'm not going to argue." She raised an eyebrow and rested her hands on her hips. He had to admit he still had it. "That's ok Jeannie, I'll be fine. I know Scott doesn't share well with others."

Jean shook her head in mock annoyance as she left the room. She was afraid all of this would break Remy down. She was happy to see there was still a bit of the rascal left in him.

---------------

Cosair jumped off the ship's lift before it even touched the ground, quickly covering the distance between him and his only remaining son. He pulled Scott into a hug and smiled when he didn't flinch. Things were difficult between them when they found each other again. He knew his son had a hard time getting through life without his parents, and he felt guilty for not looking harder for his boys. There was anger and distrust between him and his son for years, but they had become closer over Alex's recent disappearance, and Scott's reappearence from the dead. He hoped Alex would follow his brothers lead and reappear in the land of the living soon. He had lost so many that were dear to him, that hope was all he had sometimes.

He pulled away from the embrace and took a good look at his son. His brow furrowed in worry. Scott looked like he had not slept in days. "Scott, what is wrong?"

Scott waved it off and tried to give his father a smile, but didn't pull it off well. Apparent by the worry on his father's face growing deeper. "I just haven't been sleeping well the last few days. A lot on my mind."

Cosair wrapped an arm around his son's shoulders and pulled him towards the house. "Well lets go in and talk about it. You look like you need to get it off your chest. This will give you a reason to yell at me, I know you like to do that."

Scott had to chuckle. Maybe his father was right, he needed to talk. Jean didn't seem to be there right now, understandably. Maybe it was time to confide in someone else, trust someone other then his wife. "I'm grab us some whiskey and met ya in the parlor."

Cosair raised his eyebrow. "It's that bad?"

Scott didn't answer, he just parted ways with his father to fetch the drinks. He entered his office where he kept his best whiskey, away from the others that would steal anything drinkable on poker night. He grabbed two glasses and the bottle of alcohol from the curio. He almost dropped the liquor when he felt the link to his wife reopen in his mind. His first worry was something happened with Remy, but was quickly reassured by Jean's mental smile.

~Don't worry honey, nothing is wrong with Remy. It is nice that you are worrying though. I wanted you to know that I am going to ask Logan to sit in for me tonight. Remy will be on meds to sleep, so he will not need me. I just have to update Logan, get the meds from Hank, and take a much needed shower and I will be down to visit with you and Christopher.~

Scott let out a breath he must have been holding for two days. He was happy about Jean coming down, but he was worried about Remy being with Logan. He didn't want Remy to get hurt. ~I'm glad you will be able to get away for a while, but are you sure Remy will be alright with Logan?~ Scott felt his wife get giggley, something she only does when she knows something that nobody else does.

~They will be fine together, I promise. Remy wanted Logan to stay with him tonight. He insisted that I visit with my family while Christopher was here. Well, I have finally found the resident Canadian stud, so I am going to talk him into visiting with our resident Cajun stud.~

~Hey! You just remember who your stud is!~ Scott sent back a mental smile, knowing she was only joking. He was curious to know what all the giggling was though.

~Don't worry, I prefer Alaskan. I will see you in a little bit.~ Jean sent a mental kiss over the link before closing it again.

Scott just shrugged and went back to his father, a little happier.

TBC