Title: Family Nightmares 7/11
Author: Court
Pairing: Bobby/Remy, Logan/Remy later
Rating: R
Summary: Remy's repressed memories of his childhood are triggered, flooding into his mind. Coming to terms with the memories brings him a family he has always wanted and nightmares he would rather forget. Everyone has to have the third Summers brother story, here is mine, with a twist.
Archive: Sure, just email a link to where
Email: remylebeau@yahoo.com
Web Page: http://www.lediableblanc.com/personal/fanfic
Disclaimer: The characters in this fanfiction are copyrights of Marvel Comics. I make no profit from these writings.
Warnings: This story is AU, based on Comicverse. Slash, nothing graphic. Talk of Non-con sex (rape) and abuse to a minor.
Author's Note: If the Letters Look Like This that means the characters are thinking it....not telepathy, just to themselves.
If the ~Letters are in Squiggles~ it is Telepathy. As usual, I went easy on the accents. And I am not a professional writer and my english grammar sucks, so bare with me. Enjoy the story, not the grammar. ^_^
------------------

Cosair ran up the stairs two, sometimes three, at a time, almost tripping over himself in the process. It couldn't be possible that Remy ended up in the same place as Scott and Alex, it was almost too much to ask of fate. His heart pounded in his chest as he ran down the hall of the third floor. He heard his oldest son screaming behind him, telling him to stop, but his mind would not listen.

There were three rooms down the short hall and he almost panicked not knowing which to check. He ripped open the first door and found no one in the bedroom. He hurried to the next and found an unlived in room, most likely for guests. He turned on his heels to the last door, his hand shook as he reached out for the knob. This had to be the room. He pushed the door open quickly before his courage failed him. Somewhere in his adrenalin filled mind he had the illusion of finding his Remy reaching out to him, forgiving him for abandoning him. What he found almost drove him back out to the hall.

Logan had heard the frantic footfalls up the stairs and down the hall. When he heard the doors being opened by a person with a scent he could not place, he took it as a threat. He pulled the unconscious Remy to his chest, holding him tightly. He unsheathed his claws and growled when the door flew open. He saw the sudden fear on the man's face. It was obvious that his presence was the last thing he expected. When the rage cleared from Logan's mind he recognized the man as Cosair.

Logan pulled in his claws but held Remy close to him. He had no clue why Cosair would run in here like this, but it wasn't going to bring harm to Remy. He would die a hundred deaths before that happened. He didn't care if it was Scott's father he had to injury. "I don't know what the fuck you're doin' here, but you better be feel damn lucky Remy is out cold. What ya just did could have scared him senseless. If that would have happened, I would have hurt ya!"

Jean and Scott ran into the room behind Cosair, who seemed to be frozen in place. Jean cut past him and went to the bed, worried about Remy. When Jean reached for Remy, Logan's grip tightened.

"He's fine Jean. I ain't letting go until I know what this idiot wants."

"Logan let go, Christopher doesn't mean any harm. Please, lay Remy down, I don't want you to scare him. He has been through enough!" Jean let out a sigh when Logan's grip slowly loosened. "Just let him lay down, I am not taking him away from you." She finally got Remy away and laid him down on his pillow. Jean was amazed that Remy had slept through all of this, even on the drugs.

Cosair slowly walked up to the foot of the bed looking down at Remy. Every step he took caused Logan's snarl to grow louder. Cosair raised his hand, trance like, at Logan, never removing his eyes from the form on the bed in front of him. "I mean him no harm Logan. I'm sorry for..." Cosair felt the tear run down his face as Jean shifted out of the way and he saw Remy's face for the first time. "He looks just like Katherine."

Scott looked at Cosair in shock. He felt the connection with Jean open, she was just as surprised at his father's behavior as he was.

~Scott, I was not in the room during your conversation. Why did he want to see Remy, and why is he comparing him to your mother?~

Scott shook his head as if Jean had talk to him openly. ~I'm not sure Jean. He started asking a lot of questions about Remy when I mentioned his name. When I described Remy to him he demanded to see him.~ He walked up to his father and touched him on the arm to break the trance he seemed to be under. "Dad, what's going on?" Scott began to worry when his father didn't answer his question, he just turned back to Remy.

Jean knelt on the bed between Cosair and Remy, blocking his view, hoping it would bring him to his senses. "Christopher, let us go back to the parlor and talk about this. You are worrying us." Jean walked off the bed and pulled Cosair towards the door.

Cosair jerked away. "No, I won't leave. I want to talk to my son!"

Scott walked back up to his father. "I am right here, lets go outside and we will talk."

"No, I want to talk to Remy!"

Logan watched as Scott and Jean argued with Cosair, both trying to wrestle him out of the room. He looked from Scott to Cosair and then to Remy. He noticed the familiar features they all shared. Then he realized. Cosair wasn't raving like a lunatic, he wanted to talk to his son. He wanted to talk to Remy. "Remy's your son isn't he?"

Jean and Scott froze in place, staring at Logan and then shifting there sights to Cosair, waiting for his answer.

Cosair turned to Remy again and nodded. "Yes, he is my youngest son." He turned to Scott who had gone pale. "Scott, Remy is your baby brother. He was almost two years old when we were in the plane crash."

Cosair walked to the side of the bed were Jean once sat. He sat down softly, and reached out to touch Remy, but stopped. He looked at Logan for permission and received a nod. He touched Remy's face and smiled when the illusion didn't fade, he was really here. He had found his youngest son. "I thought I lost you little one. I should have guessed you would have followed your older brother here. You have been following him around since you were old enough to crawl." Cosair looked up to Scott with a smile, happy to have found the last missing piece of his family, but he was met with an angry glare. "Scott?"

"How many more secrets have you hid from us father?" Scott huffed and stomped out the door.

Cosair wanted to go after Scott, but was torn. He didn't want to leave Remy, afraid he would be gone again when he returned. He looked at Jean, hoping she could tell him what to do, how to solve the mess he created.

Jean squeezed his shoulder. "Go talk to Scott, explain to him. I will watch Remy, he will be here when you return."

Cosair stood and rushed out to find his eldest son, stopping at the door to look at Remy once last time before leaving.

Jean took her seat again by Remy's side. She leaned her head against the headrest and let it turn slowly to Logan. She could see the turmoil on the Canadian's face, and felt the same. "What do you think of this mess?"

Logan brushed Remy's sleeping face. "I don't know what Remy is going to make of this, but if Cyke tries to take this out on Remy he'll be sorry."

Jean reached over and patted Logan's arm. "Do not worry Logan. Scott may not forgive his father easily for this, but he will see Remy in a whole new light. Remy will be begging you to pry Scott away from him. I know Alex was about to kill Scott the first month they knew each other. Scott got very over protective and treated him like a five year old. I can only imagine what Scott is going to do knowing Remy is even younger."

Logan laughed at the idea of Scott trying to be protective of Remy, it was infectious. Soon Logan and Jean were both laughing loudly, oblivious to the sleeping young man between them.

----------

Cosair wondered the mansion and grounds until he found Scott sitting on the dock by the lake. He had failed his son again. He tried countless times to tell him about Remy, but never had the courage. He had no idea that Remy was alive, let alone a teammate. He slowly walked down the dock, giving Scott enough notice to stop him, to tell him the leave. The demand never came so he took a seat next to his son on the edge. "Scott?"

"Why didn't you tell me dad?" Scott asked as he stared at the water. He couldn't look at his father right now. His anger was bubbling on the surface and he wanted answers before the yelling began.

"I tried, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I know I was a coward. When I found you and Alex again neither of you seemed to remember little Rems, so I thought it best not to tell you at first. We were on such shaky ground in the beginning. I thought it would be best if I found him first, then reunite the three of you, but my search came up at a loss. I imagined that Remy was adopted out, and I had no way of finding him. I never thought he would turn up on your doorstep."

"But he did father! He has been here for five years! I could have known him as my brother! Alex could have known him, but now it's too late! He was here the whole time within arms length. If you would have told us we would have known he was our brother the day he stepped onto the grounds! How many people named Remy with red and black eyes do you think are on this planet? I just don't understand why you didn't tell us...and why we didn't remember him."

"He wasn't on the plane, you know?" He glanced over and noticed he had Scott's attention. "Your mother thought he was too young to fly in a plane. We had stopped by my sister's house on the way to the airport. She had just divorced and was trying to start her life over again. She saw little Rems and fell in love. Your mother asked her to watch Remy for the day, while we went on the trip. I thought it was a bad idea, my sister was never very responsible, but your mother wanted to give her a chance. She didn't feel any harm could come to Rems in one day's time. I reluctantly agreed."

Scott stared at the water again. "More family I didn't know about."

"Your aunt Annabell was not someone I wanted you children around. She was irresponsible, and had bad habits and relationships. Before the plane trip she had been sober for six months and had cleaned up her act, she was trying to reconnect to the family. That is why we visited."

Scott's eyes widened. "Annabell? She's the Anna that Remy lived with? Dear God, Dad, do you know what she did to him? She let that madman beat and rape Remy, she never stepped in to stop him! Then she abandoned him! How could you leave him with someone so cruel?"

"Son, I didn't know we were going to be in an accident! I would have never left Remy's life in her hands. I was worried to leave him there for one day, but the plane was no place for a baby." Cosair put his hand on his son's shoulder hoping it would not be refused. He felt a surge of hope run through him when Scott did not flinch away. "Scott I know that you are angry with me. If you want me to leave I understand, but please allow me to talk to Remy. You may not want to forgive me, but I hoping that maybe he will find it in his heart to."

Scott shook his father's hand from his shoulder and stood. "Remy won't forgive you. You abandoned him, just like everyone else in his life. You, Anna, his adopted family, Rogue, this team, me. Me, Dad, I left him to die in a frozen wasteland! How do you think Remy is going to take that? His own flesh and blood abandoned him to die, not only once, but twice! How do you expect him to forgive us?" Scott shook his head and ran down the dock.

"Because he's not you Scott." Cosair whispered into the water. He wouldn't lose hope in his sons. He finally found the last missing part of his heart. He would be damned not to fight for them.

-------------

Jean sat up in bed waiting for Scott to return. She was exhausted but she didn't want Scott wondering off angry. When she was about to doze off she heard his footsteps down the hall. She sat up in the bed and prepared herself, knowing she was about to be a referee. Scott stomped into the room, and she held her tongue when he slammed the door. She knew just one little comment would he the match that blew the keg.

"I don't believe him! He just tells me that Remy is my brother and thinks everything is going to be ok! Why the hell didn't he tell me before? You want to know the icing on the cake? He's the one that left Remy with that bitch Anna! Turns out she's yet another family member he decided not to mention. His god damn sister! I had no idea I had an aunt!"

Jean let her husband rant. She knew she wasn't going to get a word in edge wise anyway. She rolled that fact around in her head. Christopher's sister Anna. Jack must have been a boyfriend. That would explain the different names. Anna's must have been Summers. Anna Summers. Jean gasped loudly and placed her hand over her mouth.

Scott heard the gasp and turned around in anger, now aware that Jean was not listening to him at all. When she saw her face his anger disappeared. "What's wrong Jean?" He crawled up in the bed next to her and she tightly squeezed his hand.

Jean hoped she was wrong. She had a overwhelming feeling of dread. "You said that Anna was your father's sister?"

"Yes."

"Was her name Anna Summers?"

"Yes, I think so, she had just gotten divorced before the plane accident. I am assuming that she changed back to the Summers name."

Jean just looked at Scott with tears in her eyes and quoted Remy's words. "He should have known they would never work out, even their names were complete opposites."

Scott looked at her in confusion. Then he remembered that was what Remy remembered about the names of his caretakers. Then it dawned on him. "Oh god Jean, Anna Summers..."

"Jack Winters."

TBC

------------------

NOTE:
For those of you that are not up on X-men ancient history. Jack Winters, AKA "Jack O' Diamonds" was a man that Scott was 'foster parented' by in his youth, right before he met the Professor. He wasn't picked up at an orphanage or anything, he was basically picked up off the streets by Jack and used in his little schemes and thievery jobs. The relationship between the two is hinted as being abusive, but you know how far Marvel will go in depicting such things. Charles Xavier stopped Jack when he and Scott tried to break into the Blenheim-Gilboa Nuclear Facility. Charles managed to gain Scott's help in defeating Jack and he is now presumed dead, as far as I know. After that Scott became one of the founding members of the X-men. Now that is where the comic stops and my story starts, I messed with the history between the two a bit, obviously. In my story Jack did pick up Scott from the orphanage and had abused him, using his lack of ruby glasses and uncontrolable optic blasts as a way to control and manipulate him. Now you know and knowing is half the battle......