Hank played with Remy until Logan got out of the shower. They spent the short time running through the phone book looking for local museums and art galleries. Finding several that were close to the hotel excited Remy. When Logan came out of the bathroom towel drying his hair, Hank flopped close the phone book and ruffled Remy's bangs. "Time to get ready for bed, tomorrow we will check out the places we found."

"But I'm not tired." Remy whined.

"We can sit up for a bit, but not too much longer. We have to get some rest for the museums tomorrow." Logan sat on the corner of the bed after throwing the towel towards the bathroom.

Remy crawled to the edge of the bed next to Logan and smiled. "We found some museums full of pictures in that book over there." Remy pointed towards the nightstand.

"Good. That will save us some time tomorrow looking for them." Logan stood up and shooed Remy off the edge of the bed and pulled back the covers. "Get up here and crawl into bed." Logan saw the disappointed look on the kid's face as he slid under the covers. "Ya don't have to go to sleep, just want ya ready when ya do get tired."

Remy rolled over on his stomach and looked over to Hank. He smiled when the blue beast glanced over at him.

Hank noticed the curious look in Remy's eyes. "Is there something you want to ask me?"

Remy sat up slightly, propping himself on his elbows. "Aren't y' hot?"

Hank laughed. "Sometimes it gets a little warm with all this fur, but I got use to it."

Remy smiled, he had so many questions to ask. He was happy that Hank wasn't the kind of person to yell at him for asking so many things. "Were y' born with it?"

Hank shook his head. "Not the fur, but I did always have my other abilities."

Remy gave him a questioning look. "Abilities?"

"Superhuman strength, speed, agility, and I have acrobatic training."

Remy's mouth dropped open in the growing confusion. He looked over to Logan, who had taken a seat next to him against the headboard. "What's he talking about?"

Both Logan and Hank began laughing, but Remy wasn't getting the joke. He looked between the two men waiting for one to explain. Logan finally did. "Kid, Hank is a doctor so he's got a habit of using big words. He means that he's really strong and fast."

Remy's eyes widened in understanding. "I get it. So did y' came from hell too?"

"WHAT?" Logan and Beast yelled in unison, startling Remy.

Remy sat up and pushed himself against the headboard, holding the blanket tightly. "I'm sorry, I just thought since y' were different that y' came from the same place I did. I didn't mean anything by it."

Hank quickly sat up on the edge of the bed and questioned the boy. "Why would you think that? You are not from hell. You're a normal little boy."

Remy just shrugged. This is the first time anyone had called him normal. But then again this was the first time he had seen anyone that was different like him too.

Logan sighed, he had heard from the older Remy about all the people telling him he was a demon, Le Diable Blanc if he remembered right. This Remy was just not old enough to understand what that meant and believed it. "Remy, you're not from hell. Your eyes are like that because you're a mutant. Ya will get abilities like Hank and me when ya get older."

Hank finally registered what was going on and moved over next to Remy on the bed. He wrapped his arm around the small child and gave him a gentle squeeze. "Kiddo, don't listen to what people tell you. They are just afraid. Like when I don't have the button on, people get scared and say things they don't mean, things that are wrong. You are not from hell, and you are not a demon, you are just special."

Remy smiled at Hank, he enjoyed being excepted. He stayed cradled against Hank's side, but looked at Logan. "Y' said y' had abilities too, do y' have a button?"

"No kid, I don't have a button. I can heal real fast. So if I broke my arm it would be good as new in a few minutes. And I have..." Logan stopped when he saw Hank shake his head.

Remy noticed the movement and looked up at Hank. "What?" He didn't get an answer and looked at Logan. "What?"

Hank sighed. "I just didn't want to scare you."

"Y' look like a big blue bear, that didn't scare me. Why would he scare me! I know he won't hurt me." He curled back closer to Hank just in case it did frighten him.

Logan laughed. "He's got a point, it's not like there all that bad anyway." Logan held his hand out, palm down, fingers pointed away from Remy's face. "Now don't move, I don't want to hurt ya." Logan slowly pushed out the claws from his hands. He watched as Remy's eyes widened and his mouth dropped with each inch of claw that unseathed. He held back a laugh when the young boy jumped at the sound of the claws locking into place. He sat back and waited for a reaction from the kid. He pulled his hand away when Remy reached out to touch them. "They're really sharp so be careful, only touch the top."

Remy nodded and reach his hand out again. He tapped the top of a metal claw and found it to be dull, so he slowly dragged his finger across the top. "There cold." Remy removed his fingers and crawled closer on his hands and knees. He dipped his head to look under Logan's hand. "Where do they go?"

"Watch." Logan pulled them back in as Remy watched in amazement.

"Does your other hand have them? Can y' do it real fast? Does it hurt?" Remy was excited which made him very inquisitive.

"Slow down kid. Yes, my other hand has them, and no it doesn't hurt anymore." He released his claws from the other hand quickly.

"Neat! I hope I grow up to have claws. Then if anyone tried to hurt me I could just poke them with one and they would leave me alone." Remy smiled and then released a surprise yawn, the late night excitement snatching his remaining energy.

Logan pulled his claws back in and stood from the bed, taking a pillow with him. "Time for bed, kid."

"Where y' going?" Remy saw Logan take the pillow and was confused.

Logan threw the pillow on the floor at the foot of the bed and headed for the blanket on the dresser. "I'm going to sleep on the floor. Ya get the bed all to yourself."

"Non, y' can sleep up here." Remy didn't want to sleep in the big bed alone. He was afraid he would have those nightmares again. Maybe if he sleeps up here I won't have them. He put on his best puppy dog eyes and looked up at Logan. "Please."

Hank saw the display and snickered as he rolled over, silently stating he was staying out of it. He knew Logan could not resist when Remy did that at home. Those pleading eyes on an eight year old only made it more irresistible. "Good night you two."

Logan sighed. "Alright, kid." Logan threw the pillow back up on the bed and climb in behind it.

Remy smiled and laid his head on his pillow, facing Logan. "Good night, Logan."

Logan laid his head down with a huff. "Night, kid."

-----------------------------

Logan woke up suddenly to a somewhat familiar scream. When he sat up he didn't recognize the room. It took him a moment to remember where he was and why. Finally having his bearings he looked over at the child next to him yelling in his sleep. "Damn it. Remy, wake up kid. Come on, your safe."

"NON! Leave me alone! Let me go! NON!" The boy continued to toss his head back and forth. His arms flying as he fought some unknown force.

"Logan, what's going on?" Hank rushed over afraid something had happened to the small boy.

Logan shook his head and pulled the fighting boy into his arms, holding him tightly. "He's having a nightmare. This is what Remy does at home." He slowly rocked the small child in his arms. "Come on kiddo, its alright, wake up now." He heard the sniffing and knew Remy was awake and coming to himself. He pulled the boy away enough to look at his face. "Are ya alright? It was just a nightmare, no one is going to hurt ya. You want to tell me what the nightmare was about?"

Remy shook his head as he wiped away the tears from his eyes. He pulled away from Logan. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Did someone hurt ya Remy? Ya can tell me and Hank." Logan pushed the subject. He had tried to get his Remy to tell him what haunted him so many times, without success, that he had almost given up. Asking this Remy seemed almost like betrayal, but he needed to know.

Remy looked up at Logan and began to cry again. He flung himself back into Logan's arms and sobbed against his chest. "They tried to hurt me. Made me take off my clothes. They wanted me to do things I didn't want to. They tried to make me, but I got away. They're still trying to find me, they want me back. Told me they were going to sell me to people."

Hank and Logan sat in silence, not knowing what to say. Logan slowly rocked the small child. Finally Logan broke the silence, needing to know more. "Who are they Remy?"

"I don't know their names, they are Fagan's friends. Fagan sold me to them."

Logan pulled Remy away from his chest, still cradling him in his arms, but in a position he could look him in the eyes. "Remy, does Jean-Luc know about this? Fagan was suppose to watch ya for him wasn't he?"

"I don't know where Jean-Luc is. He just left me there. He said he would visit, but he never did." Remy rubbed his eyes and yawned. "I'm tired."

"Alright, let's go back to sleep. Don't worry, I'm going to be right next to ya. I won't let anyone take or hurt ya, neither will Hank." Logan looked up at Hank for him to confirm.

Hank nodded. "Never Remy. No one will hurt you as long as I am here. You are safe with us." Hank ruffled Remy's hair as Logan laid him down on the pillow. As he stood to go back to his bed he was stopped by a small hand on his arm. "Remy?"

Remy scooted over closer to Logan and pointed to the now empty spot on the side of the bed. "Y' stay here."

"Remy. I will be in the bed right over here." He rolled his eyes when Remy gave him the puppy dog eyes. He looked at Logan, hoping for help.

Logan just shrugged and closed his eyes.

Hank sighed and laid down next to Remy in the bed. "Now rest Remy. You are safe. The only thing you have to worry about is the bed collapsing under the weight."

Remy snuggled between the two warm bodies. He reached under the blanket and grabbed Logan's hand and smiled when Logan's grip tightened around his. He then wrapped his other hand in Hank's warm fur. He felt completely safe when Hank rested his paw on top, covering his hand. Feeling sheltered and warm, for the first time in his life, he closed his eyes and drifted into peaceful sleep.

TBC