Warren rushed up the staircase from the second floor to the third. He had been gone much longer then he expected. He and Bobby began talking about his feelings for Remy and even though Bobby felt the same, he listened. It had helped to be able to talk to someone about all the changes. He had feared pursuing this new relationship further, not wanting to frighten Remy away, but Bobby had told him to take the chance. Even if the Cajun wasn't ready for that kind of relationship he would never push Warren away. He had gotten a huge boost of confidence from his talk with his friend, but he feared they had talked too long.

He had almost turned the doorknob to Remy's room when he heard the loud growl fill the quiet hall. He knew there was only one person in the mansion that could have come from, and it was the last one he wanted knowing he left Remy alone. He knew he was in big trouble. He whipped around to explain his absence, only to be grabbed by the arm and thrown into the adjacent room. Before he could pick himself off the floor he heard the door slam behind him and the distinct noise of Logan's claws. He rolled over quickly and pushed himself away from the angry man. "Logan, let me explain!"

"I don't want your fuckin' excuses! You left him alone!"

"I was just gone for a short time! I had to talk to Bobby!"

"That short time was long enough for him to wake up and try to get up on his own! Your lucky I heard him hit the floor!"

"Oh my God! Is he ok?" Warren quickly got up and tried to race to the other room, he had to know that Remy was alright, but before he got past Logan he was shoved forcefully back to the floor.

"Oh no ya don't, bub! You're not goin' anywhere near him. Never again ya hear? I gave you a chance and you blew it! I warned you. Now you can carry your scrawny ass right back to Bobby's room and join his little fuck-up club!"

Warren's surprise quickly turned to anger. There was no way in hell anyone was going to keep him from Remy! Not after everything he just resolved in Bobby's room. He had finally admitted to himself that he was in love with Remy and wanted nothing but to be at his side. Logan was not going to keep him from that! "You bastard! You have no right to keep me from Remy! He's not your little pet! I will talk to him!"

"Over my dead body, and I don't think you're even half the man to try that! You'll stay away from him or I will make you regret it. I'm tired of you X-brats tearin' out that boys heart just for kicks. You're not hurtin' him again! You had your chance, I'm sorry you let it slip away, but this is final." Logan didn't want to argue anymore, if he stayed, it was just going to escalte into something physical. Even though he wouldn't mind the fight, he knew it would upset Remy more. It was better he left now and got back to the Cajun before that happened, for now anyway. He turned and left Warren fuming on the floor of his room, he could find his own way out.

-------------

Logan quietly entered Remy's room again, after taking a moment to control his anger. He had stood with his hand on the doorknob, head resting on the frame for what seemed forever. He was stuck in the middle of two doors listening to two different men quietly cry for two totally different reasons. He hated his sensitive hearing at this point. Anyone else could have ignored the sounds, he had to hear every sob and whimper. He knew why Remy was crying, he was in pain, both physically and emotionally from Warren's abrupt departure. The tears from Warren came as a complete surprise to him.

He had hoped Warren would have been the one to stop the emotional roller coaster in Remy's life. The one x-man that would love the young Cajun, not just use him and push him aside like so many others in the mansion. Having him abandon Remy at his time of need was a lack of devotion, to him anyway. But now the younger man was crying because he took Remy away. Was he wrong? Maybe the winged man's emotions were stronger then he believed. Should he give him another chance? He shook his head, he couldn't do that. Remy had been through too much already. He wasn't going to let Warren play the same games as Rogue had in the past, loving one minute, hateful the next. That had changed Remy too much. Another go around of that kind of love would only destroy him.

He let out a deep sigh when he heard the loud sniffing noises coming from across the hall, signalling the end of Warren's emotional outburst, and his soon to be exit from the room. He turned the doorknob and entered the dim room trying to keep his emotions in check. He was met with wide burning eyes from the shadows cast on the bed. He could see the glassy tears wavering on the edge of Remy's hope filled eyes. His stomach turned with guilt as he watched the hope fade with the realization it wasn't Warren returning to his side. Maybe he should have let Warren return, Remy obviously expected him to come back. No. He couldn't do that, this was for his own good. Remy would just forgive him and Warren would do it again.

He crossed the room and took a seat on the edge of the bed, rubbing Remy's bare arm. "You okay kid?"

"Just a little disappointed. I was really beginnin' to believe him. That he really wanted to be my friend. I was startin' to like havin' him around too. I guess now it will go back to the way it was before. Him hating me for everythin' I am and do. I was just so tired of him hatin' me, so sick of bein' scared to enter the room when he was there, afraid of what he might say. I just wanted it to stop. Now I gave him more to use against me."

Logan sighed hearing Remy's voice hitch and the tears came faster and harder. He laid down on the bed behind Remy, propping himself on one arm, using the other to brush Remy's hair. "It's alright, I don't think he will start all of that again. He learned enough to know just how much that hurts ya. Give it some time for things to cool down."

Remy sniffed and rubbed his sore eyes with the back of his hand. "I'm tired Logan. Can we just sleep?"

Logan carefully pulled himself under the covers. He knew Remy probably wouldn't sleep, this was just his way of saying he didn't want to talk about it. He had to agree, he didn't want to talk about it right now either, he was feeling too guilty. "Yea, kid we are both tired, let's get some shuteye."

"Merci. Night, Logan." Remy whispered and closed his eyes. He thanked Hank for giving him the drugs now, without them he would never fall asleep. It felt like his heart had been ripped from his chest again. He had to wonder just how many times it could happen before he truly lost his ability to care anymore. He released a heavy sigh and let the drug haze pull him into the darkness. Maybe he would wake up and all this would be a bad dream and Warren would be next to him. He could only hope.

--------------

Bobby jerked his head up when he heard the door across the hall slam hard. He realized he had just nodded off while sitting in his bed watching television. Hearing the theme song to his morning cartoons play through the room, he glanced at the clock with confusion, he knew something had to be wrong. Warren had told him he was watching Remy until the evening. Something must have happened. He knew Warren was going to go confess to Remy. Maybe the feeling wasn't mutual. Maybe he told him to leave. Maybe a fight. A part of him hoped he was right, maybe the union would fail and he could try again. He mental cursed himself for the thought, he shouldn't get in the way, he had his chance. He should go to Warren and be the shoulder to cry on, like he was suppose to be. With a heavy sigh he jumped out of bed and crossed the hall to his friends room. "Warren, can I come in?" He asked while knocking lightly.

"Yea." Warren muttered, opening the door. He had hoped that Bobby would have heard the door slam and come over. He needed a friend to talk to. He had no idea what to do. He was willing to risk his life to cross Logan, that wasn't the problem. It was facing Remy with what had turned into another betrayal. He should have never left!

"What's going on bud? You're suppose to be with Remy."

"I screwed up Bobby. I should have never left. While I was gone Remy tried to get up and ended up falling."

"Oh man! Is he alright?"

"That's the thing, I don't know. Logan caught me in the hall and told me I couldn't go anywhere near him anymore. He wouldn't even let me apologize. I know Remy is going to think I walked out on him for what he told me. He'll blame himself for something he didn't even do! Shit! I want to see him so bad, to explain what I did, but I can't get through Logan."

Bobby knew Warren was right. Remy would blame himself for this. Think that he had been abandoned, something he knew had happened way too many times in the Cajun's life. It was only natural for him to jump to that conclusion when things like this happened. Logan getting in the way just made him angry. The older man always seemed to get in the middle of things when it came to Remy, and this time he was wrong for keeping Warren away, it would only cause more hurt. "This is bullshit! Logan can't do that! He is only making things worse. You know, he did the same thing to me when I was dating Remy. Hell, we were only together a short time and the man was always breathing down our necks the whole time! Gave me the 'if you hurt him you die' threat about a hundred times."

"I got that one a couple times myself, but I deserve it. Look at what I did Bobby! I was a total asshole to Remy! Some of the things I said, and what I did to him. My God, I'm surprised he even wanted me near him. Now this! I walked out on him, again." Warren shook his head before dropping it into his open hands. "Maybe it's better this way." Warren muttered before silent tears fell from his eyes. He had ruined everything again.

Bobby rubbed Warren's back for comfort, he had to do something. He knew if he could just get his friend in to see Remy everything would be fine between them. Maybe then Logan would back off. It was worth a chance. "Listen, you can't give up now! I'll get you in. I'm the master of tricks, I can come up with something to get you in that room."

"Really? You would do that for me?" Warren asked while looking up to Bobby in disbelief. He couldn't understand why Bobby was so willing to help. After all, he loved Remy too.

Bobby crumbled at his friends tear stained face. It wasn't that often that Warren let himself be this vulnerable. It was obvious his friend was in love with Remy if this would upset him this bad. He couldn't deny him this, not in a million years, no matter how much it crushed his fragile heart to see Remy with another. "Yea, I will come up with something."

--------------

"What the hell is that?" Logan muttered while rolling over in the bed.

"Logan?" Remy questioned. His haze mind couldn't comprehend the loud noise at first. He thought maybe it was his imagination, but Logan was awake too.

Logan sat up in the bed and scratched his head thinking maybe he was just hearing things. Glancing at the bedroom door he noticed it was ajar. He remembered closing it. Something was going on! As soon as his curiosity had started to be perked the noise filled the hall again. A loud banging and the the slurred voice of Bobby carried through the small room.

"Looogannnn....come on bud! Ya have ta go drinkin' with me! LOoooGaaannn!"

"What is he doin'? It's the middle of the afternoon and Bobby never drinks!" Remy sighed and covered his head with Logan's pillow when Bobby started banging on the door across the hall again.

Logan growled. "I'm gonna go get him out of here, don't go anywhere."

"I'm not movin', I just wanta sleep again! Don't hurt him Logan, just shut him up!" Remy flung the pillow back in it's place when Logan left and closed the door behind him, drowning out the yells and slurs of the hallway. He couldn't imagine what Bobby was doing drinking at this time of day, but at this point he didn't care, he just wanted to sleep again.

He had almost drifted back to sleep when he heard the window creak. He turned his head to see the curtins moving wildly, almost being ripped from there hanger. Before he could find an object to charge the cursing trespasser fell to the floor with an loud groan of frustration.

"You really need to get a bigger window!" Warren smiled from the floor, only his head sticking out from the long curtins he had just battled.

Remy's eyes widened seeing Warren stand and brush off his shirt as if it were the most natural thing for him to be sneaking in through his window like a common thief. "Warren? What are y' doin'?

Warren rushed to the bed and knelt, eye to eye with the man laying in it. He had to hurry! "I came to see you. I needed to explain why I left, but Logan wouldn't let me see you."

Remy closed his eyes and smiled, finally catching on to the con. "That's why Bobby was carryin' on in the hall. To get Logan out of here so y' could climb in the window? You're both dead when he figures it out. Y' can't lie to him and y' know that as well as I do."

"Yep, I'm a dead man, but I couldn't stand not seeing you, so Bobby came up with this plan to get me in here. He should have Logan half way to his room by now, but that's not what I came here to talk about. I don't have much time. I just wanted to apologize and explain about what happened earlier. I didn't want you to think I was mad at you or abandoning you. I just wanted to talk to Bobby for a minute and it took a little longer then I thought. I never meant for you to get hurt. I just had to talk to someone about all this, I was confused. I'm sorry."

Remy felt his eyes sting with tears. Not of sadness, but of happiness. That hope he thought he had lost took hold of his heart once again, and he hopped it would never leave again. "So you're not mad at me? Y' don't hate me?"

Warren brushed through Remy's long hair with his fingers, staring deeply into his beautiful eyes. It was the last ounce of convincing he needed. He loved him. He needed him. Why didn't he see, or feel, it before? "I could never hate you. I wish I could take back everything I ever did to you and start over. I'm sorry I can't, that I can't erase all the bad things I've done, and I'm sorry for not seeing the light sooner. Now that I have stopped and taken the time to get to know you I don't think I could ever go back to the way it was before." They were both silent for a long moment, staring deeply in one another's eyes. A connection was made, right then and there, neither of them could deny it.

"Warren!"

Warren jumped in fright, falling backwards onto the hard floor. He looked up at Remy and found him laughing and looking at him sweetly. He turned to the window and saw Bobby standing on an iceslide outside. "What are you doing here?"

"You better get your butt moving, he's on his way up!"

"Shit! Remy, I wanted to be here longer. We have so much to talk about! Damn!" Warren stood pacing in the small space between the bed and the window, wavering on leaving with Bobby or staying and facing the wrath of Logan.

Remy grabbed the winged man's wrist to stop him from walking a hole in his floor. He couldn't let Warren to be here when Logan returned and it didn't look like he was going to leave anytime soon. The thought of what would happen was unimaginable. Not only did he anger the feral mutant with leaving, he and Bobby just conned the man into leaving the room himself, something he knew Logan would defiantly not be happy about. "Warren, go. I'll talk to Logan."

Warren stood staring at the worried face of Remy and turned to leave. Only when his arm finally slipped from Remy's soft hand did he stop. He was leaving again. Something he promised himself he would never do. He had to stay, and take the chance of fighting with Logan. He looked at Bobby and his friend quickly began shaking his head, instantly understanding Warren's plan by the look on his face.

"No, man, don't do it! Let Remy talk to him first."

Warren turned to Remy. This was his chance to prove himself. To show the man he loved that he was not leaving ever again. No matter the obsicale. The fact that the object in his way was a feral mutant with claws scared him shitless, but it was a small price to pay. "Do you want me here?"

"Oui, I want y' here, but non, I don't want y' to fight with Logan. Please, let me talk to him first."

Warren felt like his heart just sprouted it's own set of wings. He wanted him there! He wasn't mad! Not even Apocalypse could tear him away now. "I'm staying. Not even Logan can change that!"

"Non! He'll kill y'! Just go and come back later tonight!" Remy plead. He didn't have the strength to step into a fight between the two men, and there was no way he could ever watch them kill one another. Even the thought made him sick to his stomach. "Please, I don't want y' hurt, and I don't want y' to hurt him either." Remy breathing hitched when the doorknob turned and the gruff voice of Wolverine carried through the slowly opening door. It was too late, Logan probably heard and smelled the three of them in the room before he even got up the stairs. There was no way out, and by the sound of things it wasn't going to be pretty. The warning that came was more growled then spoke, making its point very clear.

"You just made a very big mistake Worthington. I suggest ya tell your little friend outside the window to fly away before I gut him too."

Remy quickly voiced his defense for Warren hearing the angry words. He couldn't let this turn into a fight, a physical one at least. "Logan, please, he just wanted to apologize! Y' wouldn't let him in here, so they had to trick y' to get in. He was only talkin' to Bobby, he wasn't mad. He didn't hurt me, so y' can just leave him alone!"

"No one fucks with me like that!" He pointed hard towards Warren that showed no signs of backing down. "I told you that you would never see Remy again and I fuckin' meant it! Now get the hell out of this room! If I see ya within 10 feet of Remy ever again, I'll kill ya!"

Remy eyes widened, his disbelief written across his face. He knew Logan told Warren he couldn't come in that night, but forever? He couldn't do that! He never asked Logan to make that decision for him! "Logan, I want Warren here. You can't make him stay away from me forever. What if I wanted to talk to him? Would you kill me too?"

"This is for your own good, kid. He's just gonna turn around and hurt ya again."

"I will not!" Warren yelled in protest. He started forward until Remy grabbed his arm again, holding him in place.

"Logan, y' can't make that choice for me. I know you're only tryin' to help, but I have to make my own decision on this. I want him here, and he's stayin'!" Remy sighed when his voice raised a little higher then planned. He didn't want to fight with either man. He knew if he didn't stand up for Warren, Logan would keep him away. That was something he didn't want to happen. He cringed when a growl poured from Logan's upcurled lip. Never once had Logan growled at him like that since he first arrived. He couldn't think of anything worse then those first few month, when the feral man hated him and everything he did and said. He hoped he hadn't just crossed a line taking them back to that.

Logan stood in the doorway glancing from one young man to another. He finally sat his angry glare at Warren for a long moment. Remy's hand still resting on the winged man's arm. It was obvious the boy had made his choice. "Fine! Then I'm leavin'! Don't come cryin' to me when the flyboy rips out your heart like all the others! You need him here? Then ya sure as hell don't need me, do ya?" Logan yelled, stomping out the door and slamming it behind him.

TBC